In an attempt to get those of you who are interested, updated on our crazy little family here goes...
We started out the month of September gearing up for Steve to be gone to Guatemala for 10 days. Man was the 'honey do' list long. We got the baby room painted and the kid's rooms moved around. (Even though we have two bedrooms in the basement we had no takers for moving downstairs). So Brin will share with the baby and Griff and Josie are in the bunk bed in the other room. Everyone seems pleased with their new spaces so far. I secretly am really glad they will all be close by, within range of my hearing. And heck Val and I shared a room til I went to college!
She and I cooked a ton of freezer meals this month that I am sure will come in handy come newborn days. We also bottled peaches and made peach jam.
We survived Steve's absence and I was really blessed to have agreeable, obedient kids while he was gone so that we were all alive and well when he got home. The kids earned their trip to Boondocks as a reward which they were pretty pleased about.
Steve went to Guatemala to translate and help with the logistics of humanitarian dental work with his dentist brother and several other doctors and helpers. (Griff told everyone that his dad was doing dental work in Guatemala). The downside was that apparently hauling air compressors and generators through the jungle alone was not a great idea because he got a hernia while there. He was operated on last week and is slowly but surely on the mend. He has missed a lot of work this month! We are quite the pair right now- neither of us can move very well or lift anything. It's been really fun...
Val and Matt welcomed little Lucy to their family on September 22- the same day Steve had his surgery so I went to meet her while Steve was in recovery down the hall at the same hospital! Lucy is a doll and we already love her to pieces! My parents were out of town and missed her early arrival!
Allen Baby#4 shows no sign of wanting to come early (like her siblings did) so we seem to be in it for the long haul. I am scheduled to be induced October 15 so the end is in sight!
We got our old tenants out of the house next door and have new ones starting to move in tonight. That was quite the process and let's just say we don't want to go through that again anytime soon!
Oh and Steve has a new business venture. More on that later but yea, we're not into much down time around here.
I think that about sums it up. We will keep you posted about our new addition. I gotta run, time to put the bassinette together and I want to get my Halloween decorations out. I've got some serious nesting issues right now.
10.01.2009
September
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Nice to have an update after you've been gone from your blog FOREVER! I can see why you're so busy now. Best of luck with the babe in the upcoming weeks. Hope everything goes great! Can't wait to see pics of the new angel.
Love you!
I love all your updates, Ali! You have the sweetest kids, not to mention~ totally adorable!
PS I wish I was amazing with yours and Val's homemaking skills. Wish I was up there to make a bunch of freezer meals and can with you girls!!!
Post a Comment