10.19.2008

Back By Popular Demand...


I've had some requests for more of Griffin's comedy so I thought I'd let you sample a little more-

"Mom did you know if you eat macaroni and cheese everyday your cough will get better?"
Me- "Oh really?"
Brin-"That's not true!"
Griff-"Yup, true story."

"Buenos Dias"

Val and Lindsay were watching him one day for me and he said to them "I resent you" because they weren't listening to him. That day he also discovered that Val and I have the same cell phone-only different colors- so he said, "Val we need to talk" because he wanted to let her in on this fact as well.

I was feeding Griff lunch and he asked if he could have a peanut butter cookie. I said, "Yes you can have one." He said, "How about four, I can handle it."

A few months ago we drove to Provo on an errand quite late at night. I was afraid even though we had had dinner that the kids would be hungry and I verbalized this. Griff piped up from the back, "I know we could stop and get apples at Applebees!"

"Josie is being mysterious."

"These cinnamon rolls are good but they're flamin' hot."

"Is Holy Buckets a bad word?"

G-"Mom I wish I was Troy Bolton."
Me-"Who's Troy Bolton?"
G-"On Highsical Musical-he's a big kid that goes to school like big sis..."

He was chasing Josie around the house the other night and I scolded him and told him to be careful with her. He came into the room to look me in the eye and say, "Mom we're just on a wild goose chase!"

Griff was in bed the other night and he called me in to tell me that "the boring cars outside driving by are giving me a headache and they're making ghost sounds."

Apparently he has spooky on the brain seeing as it's Halloween time. He said a few days ago, "This house is haunted huh mom?"
Me- "Why do you say that?"
G-"Because I saw a spider web in the laundry room."
Me-(Feeling rather sheepish that he'd discovered such a thing indoors) "Hon there are spiders at every house.
G- "Freaky."

And here's an exerpt from his prayer tonight, "Please bless that mom and dad won't be rude to me" and "Please bless that I won't have any more castses (strongly pluralized)." "Please bless that there won't be any rats or skunks at Grandma's cabin." (Okay Grandma doesn't have a cabin-yet- but whatever works).

14 comments:

Rachel Lovato said...

I love it Ali! Keep 'em coming!

Christy said...

What a hillarious, spunky guy you have at your house! I'm with Rachel... keep 'em coming!

Julie said...

He's so funny. I'm so glad you're keeping track of these things so when he's older he can read all the hilarious things he said.

Melenie said...

So, is Holy Buckets a bad word, or not?

Rob and Tracee said...

What a funny little guy. You've got lots of blackmail on him. I love it!

Karamea said...

he is so funny!! we always get a good laugh out of the kids when we're around them. we'll be up this weekend so we'll try and stop by again!

val said...

oh man.

Dacia said...

Those are great! That's so awesome that you can remember all that! What a cute kid!

RaeLynn said...

PAHAHAHAHA...awesome. I'm so glad you keep track of these funny moments.

Dinah said...

Can I copy your idea of writing these funny comments down? What a treasure and what a good mom!

Courtney said...

I am envious of your memory capacity. I lose more & more of my ability to remember, even the smallest things, every day! I thought it went with the turf (being a mom), but apparently it's just me! :) I love it...Griffin certainly has quite the personality!

Kelly Lim said...

Al, it's time for an update girlie...I want to see the kids'Halloween costumes!!!

Cathy Sandberg said...

Last night Jeri and Juan were over and we were trying to remember all the funny stuff Griff says. Too bad I didn't have my PRINTED OUT COPY of his comments which I just barely printed out right now. I am still laughing and trying to figure out how I can pin Jeri down again and make her listen! So much fun and so funny!!! That kid is hilarious! You are so blessed to have your beautiful family. And you are beautiful, too, Ali, as a wife and a mother! Wow! Wish I could take credit but you came this way. I love you!!! Keep up the good work,
MOM

Shannon said...

he is so very quiet when I see him. so very funny!!!! Guess it's good to know my kids aren't the only ones that say things like that but my kids comments aren't really that funny usually it is something I said that they should be saying:)