5.28.2008

KAUAI


Steve and I had the unforgettable experience of vacationing in Kauai this month. It was an incredible place and I highly recommend it to anyone seeking some rest and relaxtion in a tropical paradise. Truly, the air is fragrant and moist and the birds are chirping, the beaches are divine, the ocean so blue and the mountains are breathtaking. It really was unbelievable. We did tons of snorkeling and sightseeing all over the island and we were constantly wet. We really just wore swimming suits for a week is pretty much how it went. We swam under waterfalls, jumped off waterfalls, hiked through jungles, up to overlooks, saw sea turtles up close, went to a luau, took a helicopter tour, ate delicious food in peace- it was awesome! And we did all of these things alone- just the two of us! And we found out we still are in love and enjoy each other's company! When does that happen? It never would have without the help of my sisters and mom- we are so grateful for your loving service in keeping our children alive and well in our absence. I already want to go back...okay I know I don't deserve another luxury vacation for quite a while now but I can still dream right? More pictures of us in swimwear to come, I know you can't wait.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

val said...

I forgot about the helicopter tour. I never found out how that was. Can't wait to see more pictures and can't wait for my turn in the islands!!

Team 'Iloa said...

This has been my dream forever! I have been to Oahu a zillion times but my dream is to have this same vacation on Kauai, just my husband and I. I don't see it happening for us so I am glad at least someone I know did it!

the twins said...

Hey Ali,

You guys look great! It must be the island air. I must say that I am jealous. I always thought that Brig and I would celebrate our tenth year of marriage in Hawaii, but that is next week and I don't think that Brig is planning anything that exciting. Can't wait for to see more photos.

Steph

Anonymous said...

can you say JEALOUS!!!
that is what I am just about now. Sean and I have been trying to plan a vacation, but I need major advice. I would love to hear about your whole experience and how you found out about it all.

Mindi said...

I am waiting for the bathing suit shots!!! Are you a one piecer, two piecer, or a tankini piecer?

Julie said...

Sounds like paradise! If only we could all be so lucky. I'm glad you had a good time.

Dacia said...

Wish I was there with my husband! Looks like a great place to visit!