I love Flashback Friday (thanks for introducing me to the concept Teri) and also love that I'm never really posting on a Friday, but does it matter? I wanted to take us way back to July- remember when we could hang out in our yards and it wasn't freezing? This is a photo of my kids eating their first purchases from the ice cream man. That devil drove down our street every day in the summer playing that ridiculous music that makes those of us with napping babies feel violent. Anyway after much begging we went ahead and mortgaged the house to buy two popsicles- I'm kidding- we sold the car to pay for them. And now to the point- look at the joy in their faces- how will I ever be able to say no when next summer rolls around?
Someone told me to tell the kids when the ice cream truck is playing that music it means they are all out of ice cream. It didn't work...




3 comments:
They've got you right where they want you. Look at those little faces. No one could say no to those mugs.
So cute! I used to tell my kids that it was the "music truck" and to dance anytime it goes by. That lasted for years! Aaron dumped this dream by flagging down our music truck and buying ice cream from it this summer. You are right, next year will be rough! :)
your post is so funny! And your friend's comment about the music truck is a great idea! I'm going to try that.
If only we could find spongebob and dora popsicles somewhere else...anywhere else!!!
Post a Comment